Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney Sharen Wilson joins all area mayors, U.S. Congressman, state senators, state representatives and county officials in endorsing Gary Fickes for re-election as Precinct 3 Commissioner.
Mayors from one of the area's smallest towns (Mayor Laura Wheat in Westlake) to the largest city (Mayor Betsy Price in Fort Worth) echoed their support of Fickes, citing his overall leadership in Northeast Tarrant County.
Fickes' mayoral endorsers are:
|Carl "Scooter" Gierisch
N. Richland Hills
|William D. Tate
"It means a lot that Sharen Wilson, who has been so involved with public service and political life, has chosen to endorse my re-election," says Fickes. "Representing all Tarrant County, she has a solid view of our community from the 50,000-foot perspective and she recognizes the value of people who dedicate their lives to public service."
In addition to Wilson, Fickes continues to earn the support of all the area mayors. "The greatest asset that any commissioner can have is a strong working relationship with every mayor in his precinct," says Fickes. "I am honored and humbled that these community leaders are all publicly supporting my re-election. These relationships exemplify why Northeast Tarrant County is such a great place to live, work and call home."
In addition to the mayors, Commissioner Fickes has received endorsements from the following elected officials at the county, state and federal levels:
* U.S. Congressman Texas District 24, Kenny Marchant
* State Senator District 9, Kelly Hancock
* State Senator District 10, Konni Burton
* State Representative District 91, Stephanie Klick
* State Representative District 92, Jonathan Stickland
* State Representative District 93, Matt Krause
* State Representative District 98, Giovanni Capriglione
* Tarrant County Judge Glen Whitley
* Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney Sharen Wilson
* Tarrant County Precinct 2 Commissioner Andy Nguyen
* Tarrant County Precinct 4 Commissioner J.D. Johnson
* Tarrant County District Clerk Tom Wilder
* Tarrant County Clerk Mary Louise Garcia
* Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector Ron Wright
* Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson
* Tarrant County Precinct 3 Constable Darrell Huffman
About Precinct 3 Commissioner Gary Fickes:
Gary Fickes was first elected to the office of Precinct 3 Commissioner in 2006 to fill the unexpired term of Glen Whitley, who resigned to run for Tarrant County Judge. Fickes was re-elected in 2008 and 2012.
While he serves on vital statewide boards and committees, he developed his legacy of community service when he served as Chairman of the Southlake Planning & Zoning Commission and then was elected Mayor of Southlake (1989-1996). He is a member of the Grapevine Rotary Club and the Colleyville Lions Club.
Commissioner Fickes received the Healthcare Hero Award from the Fort Worth Business Press in 2014 for his leadership in developing the annual Empowering Seniors Health & Lifestyle Expo.